Chapter 969: Hai Lingyin
Translator: Larbre Studio Editor: Larbre Studio
The second group was a middle-aged man and a youth around 14 or 15 years old.
The youth was very handsome. His pupils weren’t round. Instead, they were shaped like flames and shone faintly. It was as if there were two flames in his eyes. He seemed sinister.
Zhang Ruochen met the youth’s eyes and it actually felt like he was getting burned by saintly fire.
A little demonic. Zhang Ruochen immediately circulated his Holy Qi through his Saintly Meridians. The burning feeling gradually vanished.
“Oh!” the youth muttered. Then he moved his lips toward the middle-aged man beside him, transmitting something through sound waves.
Then the middle-aged man looked over at Zhang Ruochen. He wanted to see who exactly Zhang Ruochen was.
Ji Shui’s voice streamed into Zhang Ruochen’s ears. “Be careful of that youth. His name is Hai Lingyin. Seventy years ago, he was the prodigy of the Blood God Sect. He fought with Chen Wutian from the Five Heroes List.”
“The prodigy from 70 years ago?”
Zhang Ruochen was shocked. The youth before him didn’t look like a 70 or 80-year-old Monk at all.
Ji Shui naturally saw the confusion in Zhang Ruochen. “Hai Lingyin’s technique is very unique,” she continued. “It’s called the Longevity Guide. Since the middle ages, he’s the only one in the Blood God Sect to successfully cultivate this. According to records of the Longevity Guide, those who cultivate this technique can stay youthful forever.”
Even Ji Shui sounded envious as she spoke.
Zhang Ruochen had seen Chen Wutian’s unparalleled talent. He was a pride of his generation and could definitely reach the Saint King Realm. If he had a good opportunity, he might even become a Supreme Saint.
If Hai Lingyin could fight against Chen Wutian, then he must be a very powerful figure.
“No, his aura doesn’t seem that powerful,” Zhang Ruochen said. “He hasn’t reached the Saint Realm yet.”
“In his battle with Chen Wutian, he suffered an internal injury and his cultivation stopped improving,” Ji Shui said. “Now, he’s still a Half-Saint. I heard that he visited the Savage Barren Territory recently and experienced a great opportunity. Not only has his injury healed completely, but he also improved his cultivation. If this is true, he will be your great rival in this battle.”
While Zhang Ruochen studied Hai Lingyin, the man was also studying him. His eyes were very clear and youthful. Those who didn’t know the truth would think that he was just a 14 or 15-year-old.
Even the conceited Bai Yu showed fear when he looked at Hai Lingyin.
The third group was Shangguan Xianyan, the Saintess of the Blood God Sect.
She stood with Elder Xu. She was graceful and faint saintly light flowed through her, making her seem ethereal. Standing at the foot of Qianyuan Mountain with all the Holy Qi, she seemed to become one with the fairy-like environment.
Since she was the Saintess of the Blood God Sect, she naturally paid attention to the next Deity. After all, most of the Deities and Saintesses of the Blood God Sect became partners in the end. Very few people throughout history could break this rule.
Bai Yu’s eyes fell on Shangguan Xianyan. As if he was shot with adrenaline, he became excited.
Shangguan Xianyan was the top beauty of the Blood God Sect. She was extremely talented and was also the esteemed Saintess. She was the dream girl of so many Blood God Sect disciples.
Before, Mei Lanzhu had still been alive, so Bai Yu didn’t dare to have any other thoughts. Now, Mei Lanzhu was dead. If he could become the next Deity, he’d have a big chance of becoming partners with the Saintess.
Thinking of this, Bai Yu’s eyes flashed coldly. I will become the Deity no matter what. Even if Hai Lingyin dares to get in my way, I’ll take his life too.
However, Shangguan Xianyan wasn’t interested in Bai Yu. Her starry eyes moved between Hai Lingyin and Zhang Ruochen and occasionally smiled enchantingly.
Hai Lingyin stared at Shangguan Xianyan’s curvy body and looked interested. His eyes didn’t look like a youth’s at all.
Countless more groups came to the mountain a while later. They were all candidates for the Deity position.
“The founder’s order was only sent out yesterday and a large portion of the candidates arrived today. Everyone seems to be excited.”
Elder Xu smiled and took out a scroll to assign everyone to their cultivation caves.
“Bai Yu has a 10 percent chance. He can cultivate in the Ding Dong Cultivation Residence for a month.”
Bai Yu walked up and took Ding Dong Cultivation Residence’s formation print. He could only open it with the formation print.
“Gu Linfeng has a 10 percent chance. He can cultivate in the Ding Qiu Cultivation Residence for a month.”
Zhang Ruochen walked over and accepted the formation print. Then he glanced at Bai Yu and smiled inwardly. We’re neighbors. It seems that he won’t be at peace while cultivating on Qianyuan Mountain.
Bai Yu grew even more resentful inside. He was clearly stronger than Gu Linfeng. How come Gu Linfeng’s cultivation cave was higher than his? Was it only because Gu Linfeng had used the Blood God Venomous Worm to beat him once?
The cultivation residences of Qianyuan Mountain had different levels. The closer it was to the peak, the thicker the Spiritual Qi in the air.
Ding Qiu Cultivation Residence was next to Ding Dong, but it was higher up. Bai Yu was naturally upset.
Zhang Ruochen didn’t even see people like Bai Yu as opponents. He wouldn’t even waste time in this battle if becoming the Deity didn’t have so many advantages.
However, this visit to Qianyuan Mountain had shown Zhang Ruochen just how powerful the Blood God Sect was. There were indeed masses of strong cultivators.
Each of the candidates here had the potential to become Saints. Once they matured, they would become a terrifying force.
Of course, the Blood God Sect had to choose a Deity and Saintess to repress them. Otherwise, they would all be ambitious and want to be in control, wreaking havoc within the Blood God Sect.
“Hai Lingyin has a 70 percent chance,” Elder Xu’s voice rang out again. “He can cultivate in the Jia Chun Cultivation Residence for a month.”
All the candidates were shocked. Countless eyes stared over at Hai Lingyin.
“Seventy percent chance?”
“The Heaven Heavenly Palace’s calculations are never wrong. Hai Lingyin must have found a huge opportunity in the Savage Barren Territory and recovered.”
“Even Wei Longxing who’d hurried back from the Void World Battlefield might still be weaker than Hai Lingyin. Saying he has a 70 percent chance is basically announcing that he’s the next Deity.”
Under everyone’s looks of envy, jealousy and fear, Hai Lingyin smiled eerily. He traveled up Qianyuan Mountain like a true king who was returning. He didn’t think any of the other candidates were a match.
He only glanced at Zhang Ruochen, but it was only once.
I’ve cultivated the sixth aperture, making the Seven-Aperture Blood Palm as strong as a saint spell, but Discipline King Haiming still thinks that I only have a 30 percent chance. Is Hai Lingyin really powerful enough to have a 70 percent chance?
There were many techniques that Zhang Ruochen couldn’t use in this battle. He would definitely be restricted. It would be difficult to defeat Hai Lingyin without exposing himself.